Friday, November 30, 2012

Loving the Nicholas Benedict Society!



My favorite book series is Nicholas Benedict. There are four children. Constance, who is two when the series first starts, is stubborn, cranky, but smart. The next one Sticky Washington loves different languages, so we’re describing him in various languages, Cerdas [Intelligent], Боягуз [coward], stolz [proud], Zenuwachtig wrak [Nervous Wreck]. Now on to Reynard Muldoon likes tea, likes being called Reynie, enjoys speaking Tamil, पसंद के मज़ा रहा[likes having fun], very intelligent. Reynie is the character through which the story is told. Last, but certainly not least, Kate (a.k.a Katie-Cat) is very athletic, intelligent, and likes gymnastics.
I love this series because Nicholas Benedict and I have a lot in common and we think the same way. An example of this is in the first book when Nicholas realizes the treasure is not money, but knowledge. I think the same way because knowledge can bring you money, but money cannot bring you knowledge. This is just one example of why these books are terrific.

I totally recommend this book series, The Mysterious Benedict Society, and I’d love to give it ten paws, but five is the top of our scale.


Crazy Llama boy
is out
PEACE!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Love how you described the characters and truly understand them. I'm curious - what did the author do to make the characters so real to you? You also did a great job describing the theme of the book and how it applies to you. Keep up the great writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you find the fonts to do the words in the middle of the post?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright Anonymus the secret is to right click then find the translate button in the right click tab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mrs.Cook and I think it was how he wrote the book, he showed everything he needed to it seamt real I thought I was living in the author's world.

    ReplyDelete