Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Boom! Bam!


I sat there on my tire swing petting Rugger; it started to thunder when… BOOM! Blinding light exploded as wood cracked and splintered all around me. My favorite tree had been split wide open!!! BY LIGHTNING!!!!!! I was so scared and Rugger too! Rugger and I ran to our hiding place under the house, and we used the secret latch to get in.

As I got in the house, I realized I forgot my favorite toy. I know I never leave HIM behind, so I went back to get him. I got him, but as I was coming back it started to rain. My Sue Sue came to the door.

“Joshua,” she said, “please get in the house!”

I got inside ASAP. Sue Sue trembled as she looked at me. As the door closed, BOOM! Lightning struck ANOTHER a tree. All three of Sue Sue’s dogs yelped and ran through the kitchen into the bedroom beyond, and I knew they were headed for under the bed.

Sue Sue said, “You may go ahead and eat dinner. Then you can go to bed and watch TV, you do not need a bath tonight.” Why no bath???

It was 9:30 and I was watching Scooby-Doo when ZZRRP! The TV shut off… so did everything. I heard nothing… Rugger jumped up and I gasped and my heart was pounding Bum Bum … Bum Bum … I called to Sue Sue then I heard a loud noise. Was it a tornado? Or something else?

10:00 the power come on and I turned the TV back on, but all I saw was tiny black and white dots moving around. Then I decided to go look for Sue Sue. I was in the living room when I heard barking and it was Bee Bee, the dog. She had come out from under the bed. A few minutes later Rugger and Dixie came with me to look. I looked everywhere! The last place was up stairs. I was not allowed to go up there because it was not build well, but I went up there and that was a very bad idea. I found Sue Sue up there, but then … creek …BASHHH! I fell right through the ceiling and all I saw was black.

I woke up in a bed, and I thought it was all a dream, but when I moved it hurt. I saw people in masks. I got scared and thought they were ALIENS! As I rubbed my eyes, I realized they were doctors and nurses. PHEW! No aliens. Tears streamed down my face as my body ached.

Sue Sue came in with some food and said, “You broke your legs.”

Looking at her in horror, I asked, “When will I get better?”

She said, “Maybe a month or two, sweet pea.”

I was in a wheel chair for a long time. I did NOT enjoy it at ALL.

Posted by: A-B-C-D-2010

No comments:

Post a Comment