Friday, March 22, 2013

Horrific Hurricane



It was a sunny afternoon on a Miami Beach. It was a little breezy, as I was swimming with my brother. A mountain of black clouds inched toward the shore. As darkness covered the beach, I ran toward my parents to show them the cloud. They were packing things up. We ran toward our beach house with the hurricane on our heels.

That hurricane ruined my summer. We had to leave Florida; a lot of other people had that idea too. As we were leaving, well, we couldn’t leave because we got stuck in traffic. The sea of cars slowly emerged, and there was debris everywhere. We had to wait in line FOREVER! It took us eight hours to escape the storm’s aftershock, and we spent the night north of Miami in a hotel.

As we packed the car, I glanced around outside to see if there was anything else that survived the hurricane. I noticed that there was a camera crew interviewing the neighbors. An interviewer glanced over the debris, rubbish, and demolished things to notice I was watching. I ran inside. I was going to tell my parents, but I couldn’t because there was a knock at the door. I went to open it, and the camera crew was standing in the door way.

“May we interview your family?” One said.

“Uuuuuhhhhhhhh…………” was all I could say

“What’s going on?” My dad had come to the door.

“We would like to interview your family.” A different one said.

“Fine with me.”My dad answered.

The interview was great! I saw myself, that night on the TV in our hotel. I looked great. You could kind of see my brother in the background trying to be on camera. I still cannot believe that I got to be on TV.

The traffic was so thick it took us two days in two other hotels across two states. Actually on the second day we finally got home that night at 11:30. That week in Florida, I was going to relax at the beach, play in the sand, and read a good book, but I couldn’t because I was stuck in a car. I wish I wasn’t in that hurricane. Hurricanes are super scary.

I will always remember the hurricane because it ruined part of my summer. It was the scariest thing that I have ever seen, and I got to be on TV. Hurricanes are scary and extremely dangerous and fun because the mess they made can bring a camera crew right up to you. A big, dark menacing creature can spark a girl’s heart with a camera crew.

Posted by: Monkey 35

No comments:

Post a Comment